Friday, December 13, 2013

ALI'S STORY

This is my story.  It happened three years ago in Tunisia.

I went to Tunisia with two friends to buy gasoline and have fun.  We went to Soussa to have a picnic and go swimming in the sea.  When we entered the sea to swim, it was rough.  While we were swimming, the sea became rougher.   We swam for a long time that day and when we decided to swim to shore, I suddenly got a muscle spasm in my leg.
 
My friends reached the shore but I couldn't swim with my leg so I began to go under the water.  I was scared and I thought I was going to drown.  I struggled  in the water for twenty minutes and the sea got rougher and the cramps in my legs got worse.  I felt myself drowning and going under the water. Then, I felt my feet touch a large stone at the bottom and I stoop up on the stone with my face above the water.  I stayed there for a time to let my legs rest before I tried to swim ashore again.

Finally, I managed to swim to the shore and pulled myself out of the water.  God saved me from drowning and guided me to the stone.  That was the worst day of my life.
 
 Ali Abdulbasit
Pre-Intermediate  

No comments:

Post a Comment